What can you say about this verdict after two years in prison Amanda Knox walks out of jail a free woman!
An Italian court has overturned the conviction of 24-year-old American Amanda Knox. Knox was found not guilty of killing her British roommate, 21-year-old Meredith Kercher, in 2007, and will be freed from jail.
Miss Russia won the Miss World 2008 contest held in South Africa Saturday. Kseniya Sukhinova beat out 108 other contestants to win the title.
The first runner up was Parvathay Omanakuttan of India, and the second runner up was Gabriel Walcott of Trinidad and Tobago
The contestants first traveled for a month in South Africa. Here they are checking out the animals at the Johannesburg zoo!
According to abc
“Ksenya Sukhinova from Russia was crowned Miss World 2008 after beating 108 other international beauties in a glittering African extravaganza held in South Africa on Saturday.
“And Miss World 2008 is Russia,” announced Julia Morley, head of the Miss World committee that organises the event.
The second runner up was Gabriel Walcott of Trinidad and Tobago and the first runner up Parvathay Omanakuttan of India.”
Not a bad look congratulations are in order for the new queen. Check out some more Photos of some of the other contestants:
Miss Brazil, Tamara Almeida Silva:
Miss Zimbabwe, Cynthia Muvirimi:
Check the list of the top 5 below and also the top 15
Top 5 stunners
From the Top 15, race to the coveted Miss World 2008 crown shortened down to the Top 5, which included:
1. Pantaloons Femina Miss India: Parvathy Omanakuttan
2. Miss Trinidad & Tobago: Gabrielle Walcott
3. Miss Angola: Brigith dos Santos
4. Miss Russia: Ksenia Sukhinova
5. Miss South Africa: Tansey Coetzee
Now comes the moment when the jury has given their word of the semi-finalists. The shortlisted beauties include:
1. Miss Russia: Ksenia Sukhinova (Miss World top model)
2. Miss Mexico: Anagabriela Espinoza (Winner of the beach wear round)
3. Miss Barbados: Natalie Griffith (Winner of the talent round)
4. Miss Iceland: Alexandra Ívarsdóttir (Winner of the sports round)
5. Miss Trinidad & Tobago: Gabrielle Walcott (Winner of Beauty with a purpose)
6. Miss Venezuela: Hannelly Quintero
7. Miss Ukraine: Irina Zhuravskaya
8 . Miss Croatia: Josipa Kusić
9. Miss Brazil: Tamara Almeida
10. Miss Angola: Brigith dos Santos
11. Miss Kazakhstan: Alfina Nassyrova
12. Miss Puerto Rico: Ivonne Orsini
13. Miss Spain: Patricia Rodríguez
14. Miss South Africa: Tansey Coetzee
15. Pantaloons Femina Miss India World’08: Parvathy Omanakutt
what happened to Miss Nigeria? Not top 15 this year?